Metadata Schema of Common Data Elements for Traumatic Brain Injury working group aims to develop a metadata schema for federated data analysis on Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) datasets through the Medical Informatics Platform (MIP). It is based on data elements from NINDS CDE catalog.
The metadata schema has the following concept roots:
- Demographics - Demographic information
- Neurological assessment - Glasgow Coma Scale and pupil reactivity scores
- Imaging - Structured reporting on imaging data including cisternal compression, epidural hematoma, midline shift, marshall classification
- Second insults - Hypoxic and hypotensive episodes
- Outcomes - Glasgow Outcome Scale Extended score including mortality
- Laboratory tests - Values of glucose and hemoglobin level