Bernstein Center Freiburg
Bernstein Center Freiburg48.0007 7.86187
DescriptionThe Bernstein Center Freiburg offers a multi-disciplinary, internationally compatible PhD Program in Computational Neuroscience. We provide Ph.D. students from different backgrounds in natural or technical sciences with a thorough scientific and methodological basis in computational neuroscience for an academic or application-oriented career.
Details available from provider
This Ph.D. program provides students with theoretical and experimental expertise in:
- neurobiology and cognition (structural and functional principles of the brain; signaling at different levels in the brain; neural coding, processing and computation; perception and action; learning and development)
- physics and mathematics (modeling and simulation of neurons and networks; dynamical systems and statistical physics; stochastic processes and statistics; systems and signals; time series analysis; adaptation and control)
- computer science and systems technology (information processing and computation; machine learning, classification and optimization; data mining; micro-systems technology of brain-machine-interfacing; industrial application of insights and methods from computational neuroscience)
- bio-medicine (diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to function and dysfunction of the brain; invasive and non-invasive measurement and analysis of brain dynamics; medical applications of brain-machine-interfacing).
- Courses on secondary skills.
The PhD program is open to students with a background in the natural or technical sciences, both from Germany or abroad.