General Program information
INCF currently has scientific Programs in the following areas:
- Digital Brain Atlasing
- Multiscale Modeling
- Ontologies of Neural Structures
- Standards for Datasharing
Establishing an INCF Program is a multi-step process
It starts with a Topical Workshop with leading experts in the subject area. Each Program delivers products and services; and develops standards and guidelines for the particular field.
The Oversight Committee consists of about 10-20 prominent experts in the field, who determine the overall scope and organization of the effort, monitor its progress, and establish Task Forces for technical projects.
Task Forces are composed of approximately 10 technical experts. Each Task Force is ad hoc for a specific project.
Neuroinformatics often falls between traditional academic departments. The INCF has formed a Training Committee with the aim to coordinate function in neuroinformatics training. The mission of the committee is to:
- collect, evaluate, validate and make available teaching materials
- coordinates training in the field of neuroinformatics
- produce teaching materials
- organize annual short course
- fund selected short courses