Digital Atlasing Infrastructure
Web service architecture for atlas interoperability:
- Developed to support the Waxholm Space (WHS)
- Transforms images from their own data format to that of a collaborator
- Allows the simultaneous integration of different types of data
Individual scientific software applications will register with INCF Central for identification of file formats, transformations, standard query formats, and other essential metadata. After becoming WHS aware, key atlas hubs provide an entry point and connectivity into the community of atlases and available data resources.
Presently, there is an Digital Atlasing Infrastructure (DAI) prototype for the mouse brain that supports mapping between WHS reference space and the following:
- Allen Brain Atlas reference atlas (ABA, http://www.brain-map.org/)
- Edinburgh Mouse Atlas Project (EMAP, http://genex.hgu.mrc.ac.uk/)
Whole Brain Catalog (WBC, http://wholebraincatalog.org/), including the digital Paxinos and Franklin Mouse Brain Atlas, hosted by the University of California, San Diego (UCSD).