Benefits of being a Member Country of the INCF
The INCF Member Countries are part of the international community that is setting the agenda for global neuroinformatics.
The Member Countries
- have a direct impact on the decision making on future developments in international neuroinformatics infrastructure through representation on the Governing Board
- define priorities and target areas for global neuroinformatics
- are part of an international organization which grants access to scientific collaborations that are fully supported by the INCF
- shape the INCF Scientific Programs on standards, interoperability, datasharing and infrastructure
- take an active role in defining international neuroinformatics training through the INCF Training Committee, and have priority access to training materials
- have priority access to the large-scale collaborative cyber infrastructure for neuroinformatics that is under development
- are actively promoted by the INCF with the focus on national research activities and interests
- have exclusive access to collaborative opportunities during the Node Workshops twice per year
- are offered to run a Node page under incf.org
- have exclusive access to the Travel Grants offered by the INCF
- are offered to host the annual Neuroinformatics Congress, including a half-day seminar highlighting the Node’s own research
- have a free exhibit area during the annual Neuroinformatics Congress
The INCF Secretariat has assembled informational materials that research groups can use to present INCF when approaching their governments regarding membership. Please contact Development Officer Helena Ledmyr to request these materials, or if you have questions regarding the organization.